CONGRATULATIONS to the grand prize winner of the Trip for Two to Sable Island!
** Cheryl Murray **
2nd prize ($1000) goes to: Jane Blackburn
3rd prize ($500) goes to: Stacy Camplin
Thank you to everyone who participated!
Funds raised: proceeds will be used to support the Institute’s charitable activities, including on-island research such as the Beach Monitoring Program and ecological research, and educational programs such as writing contests for youth.
Ticket Sales Ended:
August 31, 2021 (11:59 pm)
Draw Date was:
Thursday, September 2, 2021 (2:00 pm)
Draw Location was:
Acadian Monument, Tall Ships Quay, Halifax Waterfront
Licensed by Service Nova Scotia Permit # AGD-308693-21
See House Rules below.
Visitors will travel to Sable Island on Vision Air’s Sikorsky SK-76A helicopter. It has a cruising speed of 257 kph (160 mph).
An aerial view as an aircraft comes in for a landing, with three Sable Island horses ambling along the shallow floodwater on the wide south beach.
Two visitors follow a well trodden path made by the island’s horses.
Horses drinking at Mummichog Pond in early October. Their coats are beginning to thicken for winter.
For an account of the Sable Island Institute’s first Trip for Two raffle, held in 2019, see Trip for Two to Sable Island, 2019
- Raffle tickets can only be sold in the province of Nova Scotia (as licensed under the Nova Scotia Gaming Control Act).
- Tickets cost $50 each.
- Tickets are available online through Rafflebox.
- Ticket sales will commence April 1, 2021 and will cease at 11:59 pm (ADT) on August 31, 2021.
- A maximum of 400 tickets will be sold.
- All tickets sold will be printed, combined, and mixed in a raffle drum for the random physical draw.
- The three (3) winning tickets will be drawn at random, and the winners announced, as follows:
- Grand prize: Trip for Two to Sable Island with Kattuk Expeditions
- 2nd prize: $1,000
- 3rd prize: $500
- The draw will take place on Thursday, September 2, 2021, at 2:00 pm (ADT).
- The draw will be held outdoors at the Tall Ships Quay on the Halifax waterfront in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- All participants, volunteers, and attendees at the draw shall comply with Nova Scotia Public Health Guidelines and protocols related to COVID-19.
- If the winners are present at the draw, they will confirm the matching ticket numbers to claim their prize.
- If the winners are not present at the draw, they will be notified by telephone, text, or email.
- Failure of any of the winners to claim their prize within 90 days after the draw date will result in a second draw for that prize. Due to re-scheduling, the grand prize (Trip for Two to Sable Island) would be postponed until 2022.
- If, due to unforeseen circumstances, the ‘Trip for Two’ to Sable Island cannot take place on October 6 (rain date October 7), the trip will be postponed until 2022.
- The raffle draw winners will be announced on the Sable Island Institute’s website and through social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Employees and Board members of the Sable Island Institute, and their household family members, are not eligible to enter the contest.
- This raffle is sponsored by the Sable Island Institute, and is licensed by Service Nova Scotia, License No: AGD-308693-21.For additional information: email@example.com