The Sable Island Institute’s mission is to support and promote the protection and conservation of the natural and cultural values of Sable Island through research, collaboration, and education.
This raffle is a fundraiser to support the Institute’s activities including on-island research such as the Beach Monitoring Program and ecological research, and arts and educational programs such as a writing contest for youth. The Institute is a multidisciplinary not-for-profit, charitable corporation based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Grand prize: a Trip for Two
2nd prize: a Trip for One
3rd prize: a Trip for One
4th prize: a Trip for One
Trip date: October 7th (rain date October 8) 2023
Tickets: $25 each (maximum of 1,500 tickets will be sold)
Tickets available online only at (and can only be purchased in Nova Scotia):
Ticket sales dates: March 12, 2023; end on August 29, 2023 @ 11:59 pm (ADT).
Draw Date & Location
Draw date: Thursday, August 31, 2023 @ 2:00 pm (ADT).
Draw location: Alderney Landing boardwalk, Dartmouth waterfront.
1. Raffle tickets can only be sold in the province of Nova Scotia (as licensed under the Nova Scotia Gaming Control Act).
2. Tickets cost $25 each.
3. Tickets are available online through rafflebox.ca
4. Ticket sales will commence March 12, 2023, and will cease on August 29, 2023 @ 11:59 pm (ADT).
5. A maximum of 1,500 tickets will be sold.
6. All tickets sold will be printed, combined, and mixed in a raffle drum for the random physical draw.
7. The four (4) winning tickets will be drawn at random, without replacement, and the winners announced, as follows:
• Grand prize: a Trip for Two to Sable Island with Kattuk Expeditions
• 2nd prize: a Trip for One to Sable Island with Kattuk Expeditions
• 3rd prize: a Trip for One to Sable Island with Kattuk Expeditions
• 4th prize: a Trip for One to Sable Island with Kattuk Expeditions
8. The draw will take place on Thursday, August 31, 2023 @ 2:00 pm (ADT).
9. The draw will be held outdoors on the boardwalk at the Alderney Landing, on the Dartmouth waterfront in Nova Scotia.
10. All participants, volunteers, and attendees at the draw shall comply with Nova Scotia Public Health Guidelines and protocols related to COVID-19.
11. If the winners are present at the draw, they will confirm the matching ticket numbers to claim their prize.
12. If the winners are not present at the draw, they will be notified by telephone, text, or email.
13. Failure of any of the winners to claim their prize within 90 days after the draw date will result in a second draw for that prize. If a second draw is required for one of the prizes, it will be postponed until 2024.
14. If, due to unforeseen circumstances, the Trip to Sable Island cannot take place on October 7 (rain date October 8), the trip will be postponed until 2024.
15. The raffle draw winners will be announced on the Sable Island Institute’s website and through social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
16. Employees and Board members of the Sable Island Institute, and their household family members, are not eligible to enter the contest.
17. This raffle is sponsored by the Sable Island Institute, and is licensed by Service Nova Scotia, Permit # AGD- 323976-23